SNAB finds inspiration for Maelstrøm in the Barley Wines of the USA west coast. Brewed to celebrate 10 years SNAB and become a classic itself. Malty and alcoholwarming while yeast from Oregon and hops from the Yakima Valley in Washington provide a lively citrus-fruity character, further emphasized by the use of dry-hopping. Discover and enjoy the strong, intense and complex palette of Maelstrøm: 'The Big Sipper' under the SNAB beers.
- Commodities: Water, Pale-, Crystal- and Munich- malts, Cascade-, Amarillo- and Simcoe hops and yeast.
- Aroma fragrance: hop flowers, grapefruit, fruity.
- Main links: bitter, dry, fruity.
- Mouth Feeling: sticky yet dry.
- Aftertaste: fruity, which turns into hop bitterness.
- Fermentation: top fermentation, not pasteurized and secondary fermentation in the bottle.
- Alc. 9,2 % Vol. / Extract: 22,3° Plato
- Color: ~45 EBC. / Bitterness: ~38 EBU.